Staffordshire Company sentenced over cooker death

Staffordshire Company sentenced over cooker death

Article summary taken from: 

http://press.hse.gov.uk/2015/staffordshire-company-sentenced-over-cooker...

A Staffordshire animal rendering and food waste recycling company has been fined £660,000 after a worker died as he tried to fix an industrial cooker.

Self-employed contractor Mark Bullock, 50, of Milton, Stoke on Trent, was carrying out repairs inside the cooker at John Pointon & Sons Ltd when the incident happened on 5 November 2011.

While he was inside, steam from elsewhere in the system fed into the area where he was working. He was badly scalded and died in hospital the following day from his injuries.

Read more at the HSE website

Filed under: 
In work deaths